Sunday 24 December 2017

#300 Good Deeds - Day Twenty Four- And there's always tomorrow. Tomorrow is Christmas Day.

Before I list the last 24 of our #300GoodDeeds, I'll just take the opportunity to thank you for reading this blog and, of course, to wish you and all your loved ones a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
We've always been a bit mad - and Christmas-aholics!
This is us being Nativity characters many years ago!
  1. V cleared the carrier bags out of the Music Room. Mum hates carrier bags being left around, but on a day-to-day (ie when we're at work) basis she can just about stand it. V knew that it would get to her over the holidays so she got to work clearing them all away!
  2. Once the bags were away, V set out the "pupil presents" around the small tree in the Music Room. Both she and C get a lot of presents from their pupils, so they can give them the deserved attention if they open them on Christmas Eve.
  3. I ironed a few hankies, a cushion cover, and one of Mum's tops. When it comes to ironing, I agree with Tesco: every little helps!
  4. I swept up some mud that had come off grubby wellies in the shower room. You just can't help bringing in mud when you have a spaniel, but this seemed like a good opportunity to save Mum a job!
  5. V dropped off a present for a friend who has recently had her first child. This is a good deed because it was spreading happiness but, as she got to meet the gorgeous baby, I'm just not sure it should qualify!
  6. C and I dropped off some soup for the local Food Bank at Church.
  7. Also at Church, C and I were giving out Christmas presents. Catching everyone before they left was a challenge!!
  8. When we got back from Church, I needed some cough mixture, but I'm useless at getting it for myself! Usually Mum gives me it, but she was making hot water crust pastry (for tomorrow's pork pie) and had to keep working, so C dispensed the cough mixture!!
  9. We bought treats and food for unfortunate dogs (ie KWK9)
  10. We also bought treats and food for unfortunate cats! (ie Cats Protection)
  11. We bought a £5 Tesco Giftcard and left it at the checkout for the next people. Again, at this time of year, a little bit extra help can go a long way.
  12. Once again, although the Tesco staff were working super-hard and were still very cheerful, there were some things that had gone awry from where they were supposed to be, so I was sorting those out.
  13. V helped Mum by taking the laundry upstairs and processing it.
  14. I found some gloves for Mum - she had been looking for them for a while and didn't know where we'd put them! (Neither did I - cue lots of hunting in cupboards!)
  15. There were a lot of cars around today - people doing their last-minute Christmas shopping - and V was continuing her habit of courteous driving.
  16. Talking of driving, C gave her driving instructor a Christmas Card to help brighten his Christmas Eve!
  17. V dropped off a present for a pupil who hadn't made it to her lesson this week. 
  18. This one is in the future (!) but I will be playing the organ at Midnight Mass tonight. This is a very good deed, from my point of view, as I love having Midnight Mass with my family and playing the organ means I am up at the top while they are in the congregation. Still, I'm looking forward to hammering out O Come All Ye Faithful.
  19. V swept the whole of the downstairs - this is something that Mum usually does very late at night, or early in the morning, so V has hopefully taken some of the pressure off!
  20. V and C have been running up and down stairs bringing down the Christmas presents to go under the tree. I have been trying to make myself useful, but the lurg is preventing me from doing too much dashing around (hence writing this!!)
  21. Patching up presents! Invariably, parcels get squashed and paper gets torn on its journey around the house! Being on hand with a roll of sellotape means that there's no peeking ahead of the big day!
  22. This evening, V did her second dog-walk of the day so that C didn't have to turn out.
  23. Orlando got a bottle. Unfortunately he didn't want to recycle this particular bottle, so I had to prise it off him! That should be two good deeds in one!!
  24. Final hamper shopping. We always get an (if we do say so ourselves) amazing Christmas Hamper, and today we were finishing it off. This is a particularly good deed because it meant braving the Christmas rush at Tesco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

24th December: The Final Preparations

Picture 1: Orlando has loved all 11 of his Christmases so far! Picture 2: And another crazy Orlando tail!  ...