Sunday 12 December 2021

Day Twelve: Decorating Weekend Part Deux

Picture One: We decided to get a tiny tree for the birdcage! Hopefully a picture will follow tomorrow when we actually have it in situ!

Picture Two: Orlando loves his windfarm walks! Long shadows followed us all the way today, along with watery winter sunlight. Very Christmassy!

Picture Three: Clem and I loved the walk too - and here we are with the house between us! You can't see it well, but the trees you can see are our wild wood.

Picture Four: The view from the wind turbine in the woods. This one is a bit spooky and the way the wind turbines rise up out of the trees makes me think of mythical winged beasts!

Picture Five: Home now - and chance to enjoy a cup of tea and a chocolate in front of the Christmas tree!

Picture Six: The evergreen garlands have started arriving - courtesy of Clemency - so Ginny and I were in charge of putting them up.

Picture Seven: I had to climb quite high to put this display up on the top of the French dresser, but I'm pleased I did because it looks amazing!

Picture Eight: Clemency is looking unreasonably glamourous on this picture! I thought her hairstyle looked a bit Edwardian - although the snowman earrings maybe not quite so much!!

Picture Nine: This year's Decorating Weekend also took the form of some serious removal stuff! We wanted to get the conservatory looking better, and I think we're doing ok with that. More pictures to follow!

Picture Ten: My poor class aren't able to come into school tomorrow so I have asked them to send in pictures of themsleves with their Christmas trees or decorations. Ginny took this photo of me with the Christmas tree to start the ball rolling!

Picture Eleven: The hall is looking very full of greenery now - looking absolutely stunning! Please excuse the boxes - they are the rest of the Christmas decorations!

Picture Twelve: Another view of the hall - doesn't it look festive?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

24th December: The Final Preparations

Picture 1: Orlando has loved all 11 of his Christmases so far! Picture 2: And another crazy Orlando tail!  ...