Tuesday 6 December 2022

6th December: the Feast of St Nicholas

St Nicholas, one of the main inspirations for the figure of Father Christmas or Santa Claus, is remembered for his generosity and random acts of kindness. No wonder that his Feast Day is full of Magic Moments then!

1. Our niece, Auri, was the king in her first ever Nativity play. She's only 3 but I hear her performance was excellent! 

2. The fabulous picture of the Moroccan team waving their manager in the air. It's on the BBC if you haven't seen it - and it's worth a look even if you're not a football fan. Pure joy and affection!

3. My class finally made some Christmas lanterns which I have had printed out since my probation year. The PSA who gave me the template passed away recently, so it was very moving to remember her. She absolutely loved Christmas and crafting!

4. Clem made a surprise dinner, which was really very tasty! When I hear the phrase "hearty vegetables" I tend to panic, but they were very good!

5. Skyping with a great friend tonight - the one person outside my family who I can really be myself with.

6. The light of the moon on a cold, cold evening. There may be snow coming but, for now, it is just stunning moonlight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

24th December: The Final Preparations

Picture 1: Orlando has loved all 11 of his Christmases so far! Picture 2: And another crazy Orlando tail!  ...