Monday 4 December 2017

#300GoodDeeds - Day Four - A Perfect Job Makes Doing Good Deeds Easy

I consider myself very fortunate when it comes to my job and tonight has been a culmination of all I love about it.  I'm a Music Teacher and tonight was our Christmas Concert (totally deserving of its capital letters!). It is perhaps unsurprising, then, that this is the setting of our Day 4 good deeds.



Music Monster Tuition

Performing is central to progressing as a musician and it is an opportunity I believe all musicians, young or old, deserve to have.  Providing this opportunity might count as our first good deed, but it really is a pleasure. We raised a super £84.22 which we are sharing evenly between KWK9 and Caithness branch of Cats Protection. These were donations given by the audience, but I'm claiming it as our good deed! So that's two ticked off already!


We weren't the only ones using the Church rooms and it was lovely to be able to be a doorman (or woman!) for those using the other rooms. Doing a good deed needn't be costly - one person told me I'd made their evening by being there to welcome them.

Orlando - Good at making himself understood!

Finally, the little chap who runs our lives was in need of food and no one was able to get down to the shop to buy him any. Cue my good deed! To save anyone having to turn out super late tonight so Orlando had some breakfast, I grabbed ten free minutes and dashed off to the shop.

So four things for day four.  Sleepy time now... ZZzzzzz.....

V x

No comments:

Post a Comment

24th December: The Final Preparations

Picture 1: Orlando has loved all 11 of his Christmases so far! Picture 2: And another crazy Orlando tail!  ...