Monday 11 December 2017

#300GoodDeeds - Day Eleven - #MondayMotivation


For the first of our good deeds, we're going right back to the start of the day: the wee, small hours! V stayed up late finishing off my Secret Santa gift. Yesterday was a bit of a disaster from my point of view, so everything that I had planned just went (what we call) A over T. V finishing off the Secret Santa gift was an absolute Godsend, I can tell you!
We took in another parcel for our neighbours today - this time it was slightly more rewarding though as both neighbours were extremely grateful! It's a fair old trek down to the Sorting Office, so every little helps when it comes to taking in parcels! 
Paws for thought...
Just in case you hadn't realised yet that our lives are run by a small(ish) brown and white furry thing, today Orlando was exhibiting symptoms of FlopBot (if you haven't seen All Creatures Great and Small then you might have to look it up!) so we booked him an appointment at the V.E.T.s. He is now fully squeezed and back to his usual jolly self.
Upon arriving back from the aforementioned V.E.T.s, V confirmed that a pupil shouldn't come to his lesson today as he has mobility issues and therefore would have been at risk of falling on his way to his lesson. And, speaking of ice, I made a safe path for Mum and Dad to use the bins in the backyard (which was resembling an ice rink!), as well as clearing some of the path at the front of the house.
The journey to work today was absolutely beautiful - through snow-covered landscapes, with views of magnificent Red Deer and birds, hurrying to find what food they could in what had become quite a barren landscape! First of all though, I had to get to the train station. Dad was going to take me, but his sister called just before we were about to set off and he quite rightly wanted to talk with her. V got up and gave me a lift - absolutely seamlessly.
A frozen landscape
When I arrived at the train, I discovered that it was a conductor who is still training, and I took the opportunity to find out how he was enjoying it and, I hope, offer some words of encouragement. He has been working for Scotrail for some time as a Hospitality Assistant (not sure of the correct job title!) and will be an absolutely excellent conductor. All the folks on the Far North line are lovely :)
When I arrived at work, I was quite late as the first train hadn't been running. I mucked in as best as I could, and even set a great  example by being one of the first ones to start with the washing up after Christmas Lunch. I will also take this opportunity to say how much I appreciated #GoodDeeds from various colleagues who were looking out for me in my semi-blinded state!!
This evening, I got back home absolutely shattered, so it was great to find that C had gone out on her own and walked Orlando. It must have been a bit nerve-wracking for her as the paths are treacherous out there at the moment, so I was especially grateful of this good deed! Afterwards, we both wrapped presents for C's pupils - it was a lot of fun (although I'm sure #GoodDeeds should be fun!) and great to imagine the kiddies opening them on Christmas Day!
This evening I visited Twitter to find out if there was anyone who needed a few words and a virtual hug sent their way, and found someone whose tweet made me feel very sad for them. I hope my reply "from a Stranger in the Far North" was of some help to them - I love how these #300GoodDeeds are encouraging us to reach out to people we will never know, in a way that they will hopefully find comforting.

  - J. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

24th December: The Final Preparations

Picture 1: Orlando has loved all 11 of his Christmases so far! Picture 2: And another crazy Orlando tail!  ...